We're super-stoked about the upcoming FoodConnect event, which takes place this Tuesday in The Button Factory – and we're even more excited again about some of the amazing names we've just added to the lineup. They include none other than broadcaster, historian and sauce king Loyd Grossman, as well as some serious heavy-hitters amongst the international food industry.
From the experienced food producer or restaurant owner to those who are starting a food business, FoodConnect this is an opportunity to learn from the experts. There will be talks on how to 'Build it', 'Promote it', 'Sell it', 'Brand it' and 'Fund it' from experienced operators who have been there and done it.
Loyd Grossman OBE is a broadcaster, historian and journalist, well known as a television presenter for a wide range of programmes from Through the Keyhole to History of British Sculpture and Loyd on Location. He may be most famous for his fascination with food and his work as the original presenter on MasterChef.
His knowledge and love of vibrant flavours led him to create his own brand of sauces in 1995. Ranging from Italian to Indian, Mexican and Thai, Loyd’s range contains carefully selected ingredients such as Sicilian lemon juice, Kashmiri chillies and lemongrass.
Aside from his culinary expertise he is Chairman of the Heritage Alliance, Chairman of the Churches Conservation Trust and President of NADFAS. He was appointed OBE in 2003.
Lynda Booth – Founder, Dublin Cookery School
Lynda founded the Dublin cookery school which was awarded best cookery school in ireland by the irish restaurant awards. She has worked for michelin star chef Raymond blanc and collaborated previously with top irish chefs Paul Flynn and Neven Maguire.
Last year, Lynda published her first cookbook, entitled ‘From Lynda’s Table'.
Tommy Doherty – Partner, Mazars
Tommy Doherty is a Partner within the Mazars Corporate Assurance team, looking after audit assurance services. He has particular experience of the food and drink industry, distribution, retail, technology and public sector.
Eileen Bentley – Entrepreneurship Manager, Bord Bia
Eileen Bentley looks after entrepreneurship in Bord Bia – you can see her speak on the role and importance of exports in the video below.
Anis Harb – General Manager, Deliveroo
Deliveroo has just begun to roll out in Dublin where Anis is handling this expansion. Deliveroo allows the customer to get amazingfood from an incredible selection of local restaurants delivered in an average of just 32 minutes. Deliveroo allows restaurants to xpand their customer base without having to expand the size of their dining room.
Gerard Forde – Founder, Bizimpky
Bizimply are the all-in-one people and shift management solution to change the way businesses work. They combine day-to-day management tasks – scheduling, HR, Clock-in, shift reporting, training schedules – along with a dashboard that makes regular contact with your business an easy task – no matter how many locations you have or where you are. Gerard previously was a director of restaurant chain Nude and a business performance manager with Aramark.
And there's an after-party...
Cocktails will be provided by Teelings from their small batch collection, while there'll be a selection of craft beers by Vanguard beer collective and delicious food from Staple foods.
The Full Line-Up
- Loyd Grossman, Food entrepreneur and TV host
- Michael Carey, Chairman Bord Bia
- Ross Lewis, Chef and Co-Owner Chapter One
- Garvan Smyth, Group Brand Manager Press Up Entertainment
- Stephen Teeling, Marketing Director Teeling Whiskey
- Noel Kinsella, Founder SalesFinesse
- Arun Kapil Founder Green Saffron
- Colin Harmon, Managing Director, 3fe Coffee
- Iseult Ward, Founder, FoodCloud
- Andrew Rudd, Chef and Food Writer, Medley.ie
- Feilim Mac An Iomaire, PR and Media Relations Manager, Paddy Power PLC
- Ernest Cantillon, Owner, Sober Lane Cork and Dublin, The Electric Cork
- Iain Slater, Founder, Slater Design
- Niall Harbison, Founder, Lovin Dublin
- Gerard Forde Founder, Bizimply
- Lynda Booth Founder, Dublin Cookery School
- Eileen Bentley Entrepreneurship Manager, Bord Bia
- Anis Harb, Country Manager, Deliveroo
- Tommy Doherty, Partner, Mazars