Last night we revealed the winner of the Lovin Dublin €25k food start-up prize. Despite over 200 great food companies entering, Nobo scooped the €25k prize (pun intended) which will help them grow the business even further.
The Nobo ice creams were more than popular with the Lovin Dublin team with many of us eating the samples for our lunch! They have a range of many different flavours and always use really healthy, good quality ingredients for each variety. Dairy milk and cream are replaced with coconut milk and avocado to give a beautifully rich and creamy texture without compromising on flavour. So now you can enjoy your favourite indulgence guilt-free... Result! Make sure to try the Fresh Lemon and the Passion Fruit and Mango flavours which were our favourites.
Co-founders Rachel and Brian Nolan were thrilled with the win and the opportunities it will provide their business, telling us "we are absolutely over the moon to win the LovinDublin 2014 Food Start Up of the year award. As a small business, the package provided will be invaluable in helping us grow. Not only that, but to be associated with such an exciting and relevant platform and community, which LovinDublin has now become, is massive for us."
The €25k prize could literally change our winner's business and we want to extend a huge thank you to our partners for providing Nobo with the following:
- SuperValu for providing €5,000 cash
- Bord Bia will arrange membership of Bord Bia's Brand Forum and Origin Green
- PR360 for public relations advice
- Philip Lee will be providing €5,000 for pre-investment legal services
- Picstash for free product photography services
- Lovin Dublin are providing a free website, brand and product design
- Blueface arranging telephony services
- CEO of Socialmedia.ie will provide a Social Media Startup Workshop
- Retail guru and industry veteran James Burke will provide mentorship
- Wallmural.ie for the promotional material
- We at Lovin Dublin have provided a partnership package to Nobo worth over €5,000