Some inspiration just ahead of staycay szn.
The Office of Public Works (OPW) have announced their top visitor attractions from 2022. OPW saw over 15 million visitors travel through their premises in 2022, an increase of 2.3m million from 2021.
According to their website "the OPW manages and maintains the most important of Ireland’s historic buildings and heritage". They look after 780 heritage sites in Ireland, 70 of which have visitor services.
They created two lists of attractions - ones that were free to enter, and ones that weren't. So if you're looking for some of Ireland's top locations to visit this summer, why not check out the most popular places from last year.
OPW's Most Popular Paid Visitor Attractions
10. Charles Fort
8. Brú na Boinne
7. Trim Castle
6. Dún Aonghsa
5. John F Kennedy Arboretum
4. Kilmainham Gaol
3. Rock of Cashel
2. Dublin Castle
1. Kilkenny Castle
OPW's Most Popular Free Visitor Attractions
10. Iveagh Gardens
9. Emo Court
8. National Botanic Gardens
7. Oldbridge Estate
6. Irish National War Memorial Gardens
5. Doneraile Park
4. Castletown House & Parklands
3. Kilkenny Castle
2. Phoenix Park Visitor Centre
1. Stephen's Green
Header image via Shutterstock
- We asked the Chat GPT bot where to eat out in Dublin and this is what it said
- Everything you need to know about WellFest 2023
- Here's where you can take your dog for a 5 star afternoon tea in Dublin