There's always so much rivalry between colleges in Dublin, so we thought it was time to set the record straight. Myself and a few of the crew in the office are proud graduates of Trinity, so here's the 50 reasons we think that Trinity is superior to all the other academic institutions in Dublin's fair city...
50. Because the BLU Library is an official copyright library - meaning they have at least one copy of every book published in the UK & Ireland ever, with the majority of books being stored in Stacks in Santry as they can't fit them all on campus. If you request a book in the morning, you'll have it by lunchtime.
49. Because Trinity College Catering are gas on social media, they're always doing giveaways and you can get a whopper dinner in the Buttery for under a fiver
48. Because you could feed and clothe yourself for a solid few weeks, purely on all the free shit given out during Freshers Week
47. The sheer amount of mischief you can get up to with so many tourists constantly floating around campus: photobombing, giving wrong directions, making up ludicrous fake facts - the possibilities are endless!
46. 1,960 students get to stay in the on-campus accommodation each year, giving them one of the most incredible city centre living experiences imaginable
45. ...and you could even end up living in one of the same campus apartments as Beckett or Wilde
44. Trinity Ball is Europe's biggest private party, and you can't beat throwing on the black tie before going to a music festival hosted on your college campus
43. Because €2 for a coffee and scone in the Arts Block cafe really sets you up for the day
42. Because we have some class graduates like Michael O'Leary, Paddy Cosgrave, Aaron Heffernan, and Jack Gleeson, but to name a few...
41. Because you can't beat the feeling of hitting the Pav at 1pm after one lecture, and still being there when the barmen try to clear everyone out at 11pm, and a plate of chips from the Pav counter practically counts as one of your 5 a day.
40. The Arts Block smoking area might as well be the focal point of the college - it's the perfect gossip location, as well as prime for people watching
39. Unlike other universities if you royally fuck up, you get 'freepeats' in August instead of having to pay a few hundred per exam, and also because our examination hall looks like this...
38. For the sheer buzz in the Science Gallery Café, surrounded by people planning cool world-changing stuff.
— ScienceGalleryDublin (@SciGalleryDub) February 12, 2015
37. Because we were the first university in Ireland to organise a Jailbreak competition
— Trinity Jailbreak (@TCDJailbreak) January 11, 2015