7 Things You Need To Know If You're Hitting Up Metropolis Festival This Weekend
All the deets in one handy little guide.
So there we were thinking that festival season was over once Picnic came to a close in early September. That was, until, Metropolis Festival came along...
Once the Web Summit rolls out of the RDS, the load in for Metropolis Festival will begin. Taking place over two days, this indoor music festival will feature live performances, panel discussions, DJ sets, speakers, film screenings and more.
So if you're heading out to Ballsbridge this weekend (or if you're on the fence and will probably panic buy a ticket on Friday night), here's everything you need to know.
1. Opening Times
Saturday: 12pm - 12am
Sunday: 12pm - 11.30pm
2. Getting There
- Dublin Bus: Buses 4, 7 and 18 all stop right outside the RDS.
- DART: You can hop on the DART from whatever direction, get off at Sandymount then it's a 5 minute walk.
- Car: If you're driving there's limited parking around the Simmonscourt area for €6 a day.
3. Getting Home
- Bus: Marathon Coaches will provide one way bus service from the RDS to Leeson Street both nights from 11pm every 15 minutes until 1am. To book your tickets online click here. Tickets will be also available for purchase on the bus and at site Info Point for the duration of the festival.
- Taxi: There will be a taxi rank outside the RDS.
- Nightlink: The 46N and 7N stop right outside the RDS.
While this is a predominantly indoor festival, it's worth dressing appropriately. There are outside areas at the event as well as some of the venues being accessed from outside.
From the looks of it a coat with a hood might be needed...
5. Must See Acts:
Saturday: Todd Terje, Hot Chip, Tiga.
Sunday: Kerri Chandler, Four Tet, Giorgio Moroder, Jamie XX.
Full lineup below.
6. Where To Booze
Unfortunately you cannot bring any alcohol into the festival with you but there will be plenty of bars on site. One of the most enticing bars will be the Absolut Electrik Bar serving up delicious cockstails and which will feature the phenomenal Cubatron below.
7. Check out...
- The Legend Of The Hacienda panel on Saturday at 2.15pm.
- Bedlam ruling the roost at The Arcadia Stage (pictured below).
- A live interview with the legend, Giorgio Moroder, at 3.34pm ahead of his debut Irish show despite nearly 50 years in the business.