Come Build The Lovin Dublin Community - #Jobfairy
I started this blog to force myself to go and eat out more. I've achieved that in spades and the fucking thing has grown to such a stage that I can no longer manage it myself. I do have a day job afterall. I've been toying with a couple of ideas on how to expand the site over the last fortnight and it dawned on me that I need to hire somebody to manage the community and the non writing side of the site. The reason I put a of a coffee shop with free WIFI as the featured image on this post is that this is a job managing the community on the site and you won't even have to come to an office. I write and create all the recipes at the weekend and review restaurants in the evenings so essentially you'll be running the site, managing the community and doing all the day to day work during the week from a laptop.
So the job is going to be a bit of a mixed bag because the site is growing at such a rate. It is mostly around social media marketing and it is absolutely essential that you are a keen foodie. Another pretty essential point is that you live in Dublin given that everything on the site relates to our capital city. Main areas of focus will be...
- Managing Twitter and engaging with foodies, restaurants and general public
- Researching blog posts (places, photos, maps etc)
- Data entry for new features on the site (photos, restaurants and websites)
I want to keep things as simple as possible. I'm guessing that given this is a job that involves food, social media and not coming to the office there are going to be a shit load of applications for this one. Closing date for applications is midnight Wednesday 6th November. I'll get back to you all by Friday and do interviews next Sunday 10th November with an immediate start. I don't read through CVs so all you have to do at this stage is send me...
- Bullet points in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as to why you should get the job
- Links to your own social media profiles that are relevant
- Add anything cool to the email that makes you stand out.
Given that you are going to be working with me every single day you need to be able to get your point across pretty quickly. By all means sell yourself in the email but no need to send your life story. Keep it brief and amazing would be my advice.
While it might be lovely to talk about food all day on Twitter I figured most people would want to get paid for this. Truth is I never thought the blog would get big enough to need anybody to help manage the community beyond myself in my spare time but turns out I was wrong. The blog doesn't make any money (nor will it in 2013) but you will be compensated out of my own pocket. The package will be...
- 2000 Euros per month take home
- Working at home or remotely
- Lots of foodie perks (I get sent lots of stuff but don't use it as don't like reviews being biased. You can have all the freebies)
- 3 Month trial
- You'll need your own laptop
- I'll throw you a few quid for coffee if working remotely
What I would say is that this is start up mode and you will have very little of my time. You'll need to think on your feet, not need hand holding and be able to give it all a good fucking lash. Instructions and to do's will probably come via email late at night but it is growing into something seriously big, You can be part of that and help shape the future of a pretty cool little blog. This could be your new office...