Close

Follow Lovin Dublin

  • Home /

  • Dublin /

  • It Seems Diarmuid Connolly's Dublin Future Has Been Decided And It's Not Good

It Seems Diarmuid Connolly's Dublin Future Has Been Decided And It's Not Good

By Darragh Berry

June 3, 2018 at 4:05pm

Share:

Diarmuid Connolly's absence in Gaelic Football has been noticed throughout the country and it seems like that absence is going to last until 2019 for his county.

The Irish Examiner is reporting that Dublin's multi All-Ireland winning forward will be heading across the foam this summer to play football in the US.

God help those backs in the States. 

The two-time All-Star is looking at going to either Boston or New York and although he would miss the season for his county, he looks set to return just in time for Dublin's Senior Football and Hurling Championships with St. Vincent's in September. 

He has only featured in one game all year for the Boys in Blue, coming on against Mayo as a sub in the league. 

The 31-year-old also featured very little in last year's championship because of his 12-week ban. 

Jim Gavin said about the matter in May that:

“The situation is that Diarmuid just hasn't been available to play football and hurling with his club, and with the county as well. We respect that position, and hopefully everyone does as well. 

"It is an amateur sport, but that said, the door will always be open for Diarmuid, and I know for sure with the club and also the county. Hopefully, we'll see him back playing Gaelic games soon."

Dublin's loss is most certainly the USA's gain, as well as every other county in Ireland looking for All-Ireland glory.

READ NEXT: Doughnut Chain Aungier Danger Allegedly Heading For Liquidation

Share:

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Get the best of your city straight to your inbox.

I'd like to receive news and exclusive offers from Lovin Dublin including competitions, products, commercial partners and activities. By submitting this form you agree to our T&Cs and our privacy policy