When Ed Sheeran played Galway at the weekend, Salthill was a no-go. The place is normally a driver's nightmare at the best of times anyways but with this man in time, only a fool would even think about driving anywhere near it.
And it looks like the 'Perfect' musician is going to cause the same problems when he plays Dublin's Phoenix Park on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
One the 16th, 18th and 19th of May, motorists are being warned to expect delays around the area.
Ed has normally been taking to the stage at around the 8:45 mark in each of his Irish shows so far and it's hard to see if Dublin will be any different.
The following roads will be closed on the days of the concert for prolonged periods.
- Castleknock Road from junction at Auburn Avenue up to Ashtown Gate – all days from 4pm to 1am.
- Blackhorse Avenue from Ashtown Gate to Nephin Road – all days from 4pm to 1am.
- Chesterfield Avenue East Bound – all days from 4pm to 1am.
- Chesterfield Avenue West Bound – all days from 6pm to 1am.
- Parkgate Street Wolfe Tone Quay to Father Mathew Bridge – all days from 9pm to 1am.
- Conyngham Road (from Island Bridge to Parkgate Street – all days from 9pm to 1am.
While all the roads vary in closing times, one thing they have in common is that they will remain shut until 1am the following night.
Local access will still be allowed in these areas.
Dublin City Council has confirmed that the following "major" diversions will be in place:
- Eastbound traffic on Chapelizod Road will be diverted via South Circular Road
- Westbound traffic on South Quays wishing to travel via Parkgate Street & Phoenix Park will be diverted via James Joyce Bridge Blackhall Place, Stoneybatter, Prussia Street, Old Cabra Road and Navan Road.
- Westbound traffic on South Quays wishing to travel via Parkgate Street &
- Conyngham Road to Chapelizod will be diverted via Johns Road.
Pedestrian and local access will be maintained.
It is recommended that anyone going to the concert avails of public transport and Shuttle Bus service to and from the Venue.
Heuston Station and Luas stops at Grangegorman and Broombridge are within walking distance of the Concert Venue.
There are no parking facilities within or in the environs of the Phoenix Park. There will be a Garda Tow-Away system in operation.
You can also find the various Dublin Bus disruptions and diversions during the concerts on their website.
Main image via: Ed Sheeran Instagram.