The Big Grill BBQ & Craft Beer Festival is back, back, BACK!
Well, it's back in August. But still, it's coming back!
Is that a little too much excitement for a Thursday? We don't think so!
The second round of the chef and vendor line up for the international BBQ festival has just been revealed and it looks finger lickin' good.
Taking place in Herbert Park, Ballsbridge from August 17-20, The Big Grill is always one of the best weekends of the entire summer and this year's lineup looks beyond deadly.
Here are the latest additions to the line-up:
- Professional carnivore Nick Solares of The Meat Show on Eater.com - will host Bastecamp, the new smoking hub of the festival with fires, feasts, chats, demos and general grilling greatness all weekend
- All the way from South Carolina, the Hometeam Barbecue crew will bring a genuine flavour of Charleston grilling to Herbert Park with pitmasters Madison Ruckel and Taylor Garrigan's unique take on 'que. Expect whole hog, lamb ham, melting brisket and more
- Award-winning food writer Charlotte Pike will be on hand bringing her much lauded book 'Smoked' to life, demoing her modern twist on this ancient technique
- Vegetables will get their time in the sun as Ramael Scully, head chef at Ottolenghi’s NOPI cooks a vegetable-focused menu with Middle Eastern flavours alongside Josh Katz of Berber & Q
- Charcutier, knife maker, pitmaster and one of Ireland's most championed producers Fingal Ferguson of Gubbeen Smokehouse will host a talk and DIY on charcuterie at Bastecamp
- Matt Williams, purveyor and producer of sustainable charcoal, will cook a whole cow feast using charcoal which will be served on the final day of the festival
- Asado champion Ramiro Basilio brings a taste of Buenos Aires to the festival, demonstrating the traditional Argentine Asado and his famous ‘Chimihendrix’ to go alongside his grilled meat
- And of course, our faves, The Cupcake Bloke are planning BBQ/baking creations including a Smoked Triple Chocolate Brownie with Applewood and Teeling cream, s'mores cupcakes and smoked chorizo shortbread
All the above will join Andy Ricker, Robin Gill, DJ BBQ, Josh Katz, Neil Rankin, Hangfire Smokehouse and John Relihan for the biggest, boldest outdoor cooking bash this summer.
As for drinks?
Expect Kozel, The Bridge 1859, The White Hag, Dan Kelley's Cider, O'Brother Brewing, Irishtown Brewing Co., Jameson Barrellman's Feast, Dingle Gin, Pilsner Urquell Unpasturised Tank Beer, Meltman Brewing, Manor Brewing, Franciscan Well, Kinnegar, Rascals, Eight Degrees, Brewtonic, O'Hara's, Wicklow Wolf, Porterhouse Brewery, Wicklow Brewery, Mac Ivors Cider and Hope Beer to name a few.
Look good? It gets better.
We're giving away 5 pairs of weekend passes to The Big Grill, all you have to do to be in with a chance to win is tag who you'd bring below this post on Facebook or Twitter.
Best of luck!