Going into business with someone is a huge decision.
Will you agree? Disagree? Butt heads? Fight? Take flight?
Finding the perfect business partner is super rare - but when you find The One, you're golden.
And after backpacking together across Central America for over a year, Rebecca and Jen knew it was meant to be.
And so, Kale + Coco was born.
"If we could backpack for 24 hours a day together for so long without killing each other, we knew we'd survive getting into business together."
Born in the form of a pop-up in Cocu, Hatch Street, Kale + Coco are destined for great things as Ireland's first ever smoothie bowl bar.
The gals first came across smoothie bowls in Brazil and began making them for themselves for brunch on the weekends and as healthy treats.
When the opportunity to launch the Kale + Coco as a pop-up in Dublin, their once-upon-a-dream came to life.
Inspired by the thriving health and wellness scenes abroad, the girls returned to Dublin, spotted a gap in the market and decided to pounce.
Smoothies, when done right, can give you life.
And the girls have nailed them - packed with organic, fair trade and high-quality ingredients.
No yoghurt or orange juice to be seen here...
There are six bowls in total:
- The Classic Açai - blended frozen banana, coconut water and organic Amazonia açai topped with fresh banana, strawberries, granola and coconut chips
- The Khaleesi - blended frozen banana, coconut water, passion fruit and organic Amazonia pitaya/dragon fruit topped with banana, granola, mango and coconut chips
- Tropical Popical - blended frozen banana, coconut milk, mango, pineapple and fresh lime juice topped with kiwi, sunflower seeds, coconut chips and passion fruit
- Protein Punch - blended frozen banana, oat milk, peanut butter, Amazonia raw vanilla protein isolate and cinnamon topped with hemp seeds, bananas, granola and goji berries
- 50 Shades of Green - blended frozen banana, rice milk, spinach, kale and matcha powder topped with blueberries, pear, pumpkin seeds, Brazil nuts and pomegranate seeds
- Treat Yo'self - blended frozen banana, almond milk, medjool dates, raw cacao powder and Himalayan pink salt topped with strawbs, granola, cacao nibs and tahini maple caramel
Prices from €7.50 and the gals are happy to modify your bowl to your liking.
The frozen banana in the bowls can also be substituted for frozen cauliflower - something the gals swear by - similar creamy texture but a third of the calories, less sugar, less carbs and high in vitamin C and K.
- Amazing source of energy
- Plenty of textures and things to chew - make you feel nice 'n' full
- Fruit is so easy to digest
- Keeps your fuller for longer
- Easy way to sneak in all the good shtuff and disguise it
They're perfectly packaged for take-out - just grab 'em and go.
Delish, healthy eating has never been so easy.
Kale + Coco also have delish non-bowled smoothies and creative, healthy, caffeine-free lattes.
Watch our Facebook Live with Kale + Coco:
They'll be based in Cocu, Hatch Street, Dublin for the entire summer - Monday to Friday 7.30am until 3pm.
Make sure to pop in and say hey.
READ NEXT: 8 Deadly Things On In Dublin This Weekend