You get the sense there will be two types of people in Dublin when Pope Francis makes his visit to the capital this weekend. Those who will be locking themselves up like hermits to escape all the madness and those who will be tripping over themselves to catch a glimpse of His Holiness.
For the latter group, Luas has made a fairly important announcement with significant alterations being made to services over the weekend of Saturday August 25 and Sunday August 26.
Here's what will be happening...
Saturday 25th August
- Pre 11.00am normal service
- 11.00am - 5.00pm Abbey Street Stop closed
- 3.15pm - 5.00pm Services will be operating from Tallaght/ Saggart to Smithfield and from The Point to Connolly (There will be no service between Busáras and Four Courts and no alternative bus service)
- Post 5.00pm normal service
- Pre 10.30am normal service
- 10.30am - 5.30pm Services will be operating from Brides Glen to St. Stephens’ Green and Dominick to Broombridge (There will be no service between Dawson and Parnell and no alternative bus service)
- Post 5.30pm normal service
Service Sunday 26th August
- The Red Line will operate from Tallaght / Saggart to Blackhorse and from The Point to Smithfield between the hours of 7.00am and 10.00pm
- There will be no service between Blackhorse and Smithfield from 7.00am until 10.00pm
- Connolly stop will stayed closed between the hours of 7.00am and 10.00pm
- Luas will service all Red Line stops from 10.00pm - 11.30pm
- From Blackhorse and Smithfield, passengers will walk via the dedicated routes. Given the high volumes of people likely to be attempting to use Luas services on this day, please give yourself lots of time to get to the venue
- Customers travelling from Tallaght, Hospital and Cookstown alight at Belgard for onward travel
- Free travel with Phoenix Park Papal Ticket
- The Green Line will operate from Brides Glen to Broombridge between the hours of 7.00am and 11.30pm
- From Broombridge, passengers will walk via the dedicated routes. Given the high volumes of people likely to be attempting to use Luas services on this day, please give yourself lots of time to get to the venue
- Phibsborough stop will be closed post-event from 3.00pm - 10.00pm
- Free travel with Phoenix Park Papal Ticke
— Luas (@Luas) August 14, 2018
Still unsure about something? More information can be found here.