The US Vice President, Joe Biden, will be visiting Ireland from today until Sunday, June 26.
With this in mind, Gardaí have released a statement on road closures during the visit. The Phoenix Park will be closed to any traffic from 11pm to 6.30am every evening until Sunday.
Further closures will be in place on the following roads:
- No access to vehicles on Acres Road between the Phoenix Roundabout and the junction with Military Road.
- Vehicles entering the Phoenix Park via the Chapelizod Gate will be directed onto the Lower Glen Road and Military Road.
- Access to St Mary’s Hospital will only be available via the Chapelizod Gate.
- Access to White’s Road from the Ordnance Survey Road will be restricted.
- There will also be no access to vehicles on Furze Road.
- Military Road will be open to through traffic, but there will be no parking on Chesterfield Avenue, Ordnance Survey Road and on the North Road to Ashtown Gate.
- Parking restrictions will be in place on Wellington Road to allow for free movement of traffic.
These closures will be well signposted across the city, but it's best to avoid the area unless absolutely necessary.
Biden's Irish visit will include tours of Dublin, Louth and his ancestral home on the Cooley peninsula in Mayo.