The New Public Transport Price Increases – Here's Everything You Need To Know
One in four Dublin Bus, Irish Rail, Luas and Bus Éireann users will have to pay more
The National Transport Authority has just announced that changes to the prices of Irish public transport will come into effect in the coming months.
The Luas will see the largest increase in fares, while bus services seeing the least amount of increases.
The fares can come into effect anytime after December 1, depending on how each operator chooses to introduce them.
Here's the breakdown of the most important details.
- Adult cash and Leap no change
- Regular child cash and Leap no change
- Schoolchild cash no change
- Schoolchild Leap up 2 cent
- City centre Leap & cash no change
- Pre-paid Rambler tickets 2.7% to 2.9% increase
- Dublin Bus only monthlies & annuals no change
- Multi-operator monthlies & annuals 1.9% to 2.3%
- No change to Intercity single and return fares
- Intercity adult and child weekly up 2%
- Sallins/Naas and Kilcock stations to relocate from intercity zone into the Dublin Short Hop Zone
- Fares for 226 Short Hop Zone journeys reduced by 16-18%, and 36 being increased by 16-18%
- SHZ and intercity Taxsaver fares to increase by 4%
- Multi operator monthly and annual fares up 2%
- Cash fare up 10 cent adult, 5 cent child. No increase in Leap fare
- 1-day, 7-day, monthly and annual vary from -5.9% to + 2.8%
- No increase in adult, child or student single cash or Leap fares
- Adult returns up by 1.1% to 4.9%
- No increase in child or student returns. Some decreases of up to 4.3%
- Adult 10 Journey -5.0% to + 4.9%
- No increase in child or student 10 Journey fares. Some decreases to 5.1%
- Adult monthly taxsaver varies -7.4% to + 2.0%
- Adult annual drop from 0.0% to -9.4%
- Merge zone 3 and zone 4 fares resulting in changes from -4.2% to + 7.4%
- 10 to 20 cent increase on adult single cash fares
- Adult leap fares up 0 to 9 cent
- No change to child single cash or leap
- Adult return up 10 to 20 cent
- Child return up 10 cent
- Adult prepaid 1-day, 7-day and 30-day adjusted from -4.2% to + 6.3%
- Child prepaid adjusted 0.00% to 3.6%
- Student pre-paid -3.8% to + 5.9%
- Adult monthly and annual taxsaver fares + 9.9%
- Iarnród Eireann add-on fares up 0.00 to 5.2%
You can find the complete list of changes here.