Close

Follow Lovin Dublin

  • Home /

  • Dublin /

  • This Massive Blaze In West Dublin May Have Been Caused By A BBQ

This Massive Blaze In West Dublin May Have Been Caused By A BBQ

By Sharron

May 11, 2017 at 8:39am

Share:

Dublin Fire Brigade were called to a massive fire at the Verdemont Apartment of the Snugborough Road in Blanchardstown just after 5 o'clock yesterday evening.

According to Independent.ie, the blaze was caused by a barbeque that fell over.

One resident claims the fire started when the flames of another person's barbeque fell into his home on the fourth floor.

The residents from up to 60 apartments had to be evacuated and spent the night in emergency accommodation.

They have been given somewhere to stay by Fingal County Council and Dublin Civil Defence's Cabra unit.

Early reports suggest the blaze quickly spread to a number of apartments causing irreparable damage to the inside.

Luckily, all residents of the Verdemont Apartment blocks were evacuated in time and there are no reports of any serious injuries. 

Lead Image: Dublin Fire Brigade

READ NEXT: Concerns Raised That New College Green Plaza Could Cause Traffic Chaos

Share:

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Get the best of your city straight to your inbox.

I'd like to receive news and exclusive offers from Lovin Dublin including competitions, products, commercial partners and activities. By submitting this form you agree to our T&Cs and our privacy policy