Today's Dublin Lunch Specials: A Beef Tagine Beauty From Brother Hubbard
Sometimes it's hard to decide where you want to go for lunch. So hard, in fact, that the indecision becomes so overwhelming that you end up just opting for a quick deli sambo – only to get seriously envious when your co-workers return from their lunchtime expeditions with all sorts of delicious hotpots or salads.
So, we've decided to do the hard work for you – every day, we're going to post the best of the daily lunch specials and rotating menus on offer from around the city. All you have to do is check in every day at noon, and decide what delicious dish you're going to tuck into.
Pick of the Day
- Brother Hubbard's Beef and Squash Tagine: Tender beef chunks slow-cooked with spices, prunes, squash and carrots, served with cracked wheat with chives, and a dollop of mint yoghurt.
- Soup: Tomato and celeriac with za'atar croutons and fresh lovage
- Hotpot: Beef and squash Tagine: tender beef chunks slow-cooked with spices, prunes, squash & carrots, served with cracked wheat with chives and a dollop of mint yoghurt
- Flatbread: Roast red peppers and butternut squash, with pickled red onion, wild garlic salsa and fresh parsley (with salad or bowl of soup)
- Vegetarian Hotpot: Moroccan Zalouk: chickpea, tomato and aubergine, in a fragrant sauce, with smoked aubergine yoghurt and baby spinach leaves (served with two poached eggs and sourdough toast for sit-in
- Vegetable Sandwich: Butternut squash with Buffalo mozzarella
- Meat Sandwich: Grilled flank steal with caramelised onions and chipotle and lime mayo
- Fish Tacos
- Bento Plate with Sticky Rice Balls, Miso Soup, Teriyaki Aubergine
- Soup: Broccoli and kale, topped with roast red pepper yoghurt and toasted almonds
- Warm Salad: Gently-spiced chickpea with roast butternut squash, baby red chard leaves & red onion, topped with two warm poached eggs, a smoked aubergine yoghurt and a crunchy falafel crumb.
- Tagine: Tender beef chunks slow-cooked with spices, prunes, squash and carrots, served with fruity bulghur wheat and a dollop of mint yoghurt
- Vegetarian Hotpot: Moroccan Zalouk of chickpea, tomato and aubergine, in a fragrant sauce, with smoked aubergine yoghurt & baby spinach leaves (served with two poached eggs & sourdough toast for sit-in)
- Salad: Woodcock smoked mackerel with pomegranate, roast red pepper, lime pickled red onions and coriander.
Want to submit your café or restaurants specials for tomorrows article? Email email@example.com with details and a photo!