Lovin Dublin City Spotlight - Donnybrook
Donnybrook is known as one of the most exclusive neighbourhoods in Dublin, and when you walk through it you can tell why. Beautiful Georgian houses line the streets and Herbert Park is littered with cherry blossom petals and people relaxing on the grass or playing sports. There are plenty of delicious places to go for a good lunch or dinner, and if you can splurge, Donnybrook Fair is one of the most extravagant places in Dublin to do your grocery shopping with food from the best producers in both the country and also internationally. Rugby fanatics will know the area well from marching in and out of Donnybrook Stadium for matches followed by a pint in Kiely's. We've picked out favourite places in Donnybrook:
- We love Herbert Park at any time of year, but in the summer it's just amazing. Packed with people having picnics, reading the papers or playing soccer, it's the perfect place to pass a few hours. We like the outdoor yoga classes held there which definitely worth trying out for some inner zen! They're also holding The Big Grill BBQ Festival this weekend.
- There are plenty of great pubs in Donnybrook that are perfect for sinking a pint in, our favourites are Kiely's, Mc Closkey's and the newly opened Arthur Mayne's.
- If you fancy splashing out on your groceries for the week or if you have a nice dinner party coming up then you should head into Donnybrook Fair where you're head will bobble around as you take in all the incredible food and you try to figure out how much is too much for a tub of olives. Roy Foxes is also a great little greengrocer that is worth checking out, Molloy's fish monger and Natural Bakery sells all kinds of delicious breads and cakes.
- The Greenery is great for brunch, lunch and dinner and Bakers always hits the spot for a healthy lunch.
- We like O'Connell's for dinner and if you're feeling like splashing out for a fancy meal then Marco Pierre White is where you need to go. We also love The Mulberry Garden for delicious contemporary Irish food.
All photos were taken by photographer Derek Kennedy. If you think we left out any spots that are worth mentioning then let us know below.