Lovin Dublin City Spotlight - Harolds Cross
Harold's Cross is probably one of the quieter neighbourhoods south of the canal but it still has lots of great spots worth exploring. Photographer Derek Kennedy headed out last week to snap our favourite spots in the area...
- We like Harold's Cross park for chilling out in at the weekends with a cup of coffee and the papers, well at least while the weather lasts!
- It would be hard to mention Harold's Cross and ignore the Greyhound Track which many Dubliners have spent a memorable night or two in betting on the dogs.
- Rosie O'Grady's and Peggy Kellys are our favourite pubs in the area.
- If you have a sweet tooth then you had better check out the Black Apple cafe where all different kinds of mouth watering cakes are baked daily. The Brick House is another cafe that is worth visiting for lunch or a coffee.
- If health food is more your thing then check out Harold's Fayre which serves up delicious brunch, lunch, snacks and health food products.
- The Joshua Tree is a good spot for some comfort food and a pint, you'll find us enjoying steak and chips there when the weather starts to turn.
- If you're a cyclist then you're probably already acquainted with T. Delaney bike shop.
- The antique shop Harold's Bazaar is literally a treasure trove for all kinds of furniture and curios.
If you have any favourite spots in Harold's Cross that we should know about then let us know in the comments below!