The 11 Most Irish Things To Happen This Week
Featuring a Mikado with a twist, a Gabriel Byrne puppet and much more...
This week's edition of 'How Irish Ireland has been this week' is particularly celebrity filled, boasting A-listers from home and abroad, and some even from... well, fabric.
You won't get it until you read below, so you best get on with it then.
They're good, we promise.
1. This 'expectation vs reality' moment
Faraway hills are greener.
2. This shot of Mark Hamill going 90 while eating Tayto
May the Force be with him, like.
3. Gourmet Burger Kitchen's newest milkshake
Yes, they are Mikado biscuits. And yes, someone you know would love some.
4. This duo awaiting Prince Charles with 'Brits Out' signs
During his visit, in an attempt to solidify the good relations between Northern Ireland and England.
5. This ill-fated BBQ
Full story here.
6. The Biebs' Instagram shot of the Rock of Cashel
7. This informative sign
Spotted in Newbridge, not Monaghan.
8. The Rubberbandits, with a Gabriel Byrne puppet, on stage at the marriage referendum's one year anniversary this week
Which they proceeded to ride on stage.
And no, we're not making this up.
9. This guy sunbathing on Dublin's busiest street
Can you blame him?
10. This heavy and perilous traffic jam
Spotted on Achill Island, County Mayo.
11. And finally, Chewbacca visiting this primary school in Kerry
In Scoil Baile an Fheirtearaigh, in Dingle. To be exact. And yes, that did mean there had to be a Gaeilge translator present.
Oh, and one last thing... the children referred to him as a 'madra mór', but also 'an-cairdiúil'.
READ NEXT: The 12 Funniest Irish Tweets Of The Week