This week the DSPCA have sent on the list of dogs and cats up for adoption, and you'll probably recognise a few familiar faces. There are also two special appeal cats that the DSPCA really want to see housed soon. If you're thinking about getting a pet, then have a read below and look at the beautiful animals currently being cared for in the DSPCA shelter in Rathfarnham who are looking for some loving home....
1.My name is Lanna and I’m a 10 month old German Shepherd collie cross. I am a very sweet girl who loves to play. I am great with people and I love other dogs. I am a high energy girl who would be great at training classes. I would love to do agility too! I would suit a family with teenagers or adults only because I can be a bit LANNA BANANAS!
2. My name is Archie and I’m a 4.5 year old Collie Labrador cross. I am a very friendly man with a really sweet personality. I will make a lovely family pet for anyone with kids 8+. I have lots of energy and I love playing with my tennis ball. I am a wonderful guy who deserves an equally wonderful home. My new home needs to be cat free... They are too much fun to chase!
3. My name is Alfie and I’m a 2 year old Chihuahua. I’m a gorgeous little lad with a friendly personality. I get on well with most other dogs, including big ones! I love people and would be a great pet for a home with quiet kids 10+, or an adult only home. I’m a funny looking little chap with spiky ears and silly long legs!
4. ***SPECIAL APPEAL*** Hi, I’m Katie and I’m a dainty girl who is a ripe age of 15. My black and white coat is so soft, and my eyes so big and bright but I am a bit sad here in the cattery. When I came in, I was in pretty bad shape and it took the staff a long time to get me back on to my fluffy paws. I am really just a shy little thing who wants to be loved more than anything else in the world. If you are looking for a kitty who really deserves a second chance, head straight to my pod and take me home with you!
5. ***SPECIAL APPEAL*** My name is Nikki and I’m a little 3 year old Tortoiseshell girl. I used to live with my beloved owner and 3 other kitty friends (my sister Bibi is also here at the shelter) where I was very happy. Sadly, my owner had to move and break up our lovely family. I’m still a little nervous because of all this, so I’m trying my best to keep my chin up here at the shelter by hoping that very soon I will find a new forever home. A family made up of humans and felines would suit me just fine!
6. My name is Regina and I’m a young little lady in desperate need of some expert TLC! I’m about a year old and was found in a bad way... I had some extensive hair loss and damage to one of my poor legs. As you can understand, I’m a bit shy and out of sorts at the moment. Now that the great vets here at the DSPCA have given me the all clear, I really need someone to care for me and make me feel loved and build my confidence up. If you think this could be you, I’d love for you to come and meet me in the Cattery any day of the week.
If you are interested in adopting any of the dogs above from the DSPCA then please come and visit the shelter. The DSPCA is located at Mount Venus Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16. The shelter is open 7 days a week from 11am – 4.30pm. You can also call the adoptions team on 01 499 4710. You can see a full list of cats and dogs looking for loving homes here http://www.dspca.ie/AdoptaPet