Ah Grafton Street: all human life is here.
The thoroughfare is so iconic that it's one of the few street names in the capital that culchies can actually remember, and it is indeed a memorable place.
Grafton Street has a distinct character, and the following things are all associated with the place – some good, some not so good...
1. That initial wave of claustrophobia
As you wade into the throng, your immediate reaction to the slow-moving crowds around you is utter panic.
2. Oh look, Keywest are playing again
It wouldn't be Grafton Street without 'em.
3. People standing around in awe of a guy spray painting planets
Some suspect that wizardry is at play here.
4. Guys holding signs all day that seem perpetually on the verge of collapse
5. Thinking to yourself "did they really need two Gino's outlets on one street?"
And knowing, in your heart of hearts, that the answer is "yes, they really did".
6. Admiring the Brown Thomas doorman's top-hat
And remembering he's literally a hero.
7. Those guys sculpting dogs
Using a special mixture of sand and lies.
8. The difficulty of dodging chuggers
In this crowded area, it's hard to see those agile feckers coming.
9. And, of course, feeling an intense urge to kill every slow fucker in front of you
Our eye is twitching just thinking about it.
trying to navigate Grafton Street, where the worst people in the world come to walk slowly and erratically pic.twitter.com/GzHLYP2tUq
— Derek (@DirkVanBryn) March 14, 2016
Main picture: 1000 Words/Shutterstock.com.