This may just be the sweetest company we’ve ever seen.
BorrowMyDoggy.com is a website that matches dog owners with dog sitters, who are essentially willing to watch a dog for free.
Because let’s be honest…If you’re a real dog lover you’d jump up and down to hang out with an adorable pup, whether you’re making paper, or not.
According to the site, the company's goal is:
to make a positive impact on the lives of dogs and people by building local dog loving communities.
Be still my beating heart.
Here's how it works:
- Busy dog owners are matched with well-vetted pet sitters.
- You can save money as you find a free sitter for a couple of hours, a whole day, or even a weekend.
- Pet sitters get a play date with the dog of their dreams, conveniently located in their neighbourhood.
- The void in your heart will finally be filled.
- AND the dogs get to hang with a fun new friend who’s dying to give them a ton of attention.
It’s a win-win-win.
The UK-based organisation now operates all over Ireland and it works a lot like a dating website.
You create a profile, pay a small fee (£10 per year), and start searching for a match in your neighbourhood. The company even provides a 24/7 vet-line for emergencies.
According to their website, BorrowMyDoggy was founded in 2012 and now has over 300,000 members.
We’re somehow not surprised.
In between a sea of dog puns, the website site features a pile of testimonials featuring pups and owners who have had their lives changed from the service. Warning: Get the tissues ready.
You’ve waited long enough. Go find your canine soulmate.