د . إAEDSRر . س

Man Hospitalised After Drinking Fake Alcohol Sold In Dublin

0
Article Featured Image

A man has been hospitalised after drinking fake alcohol sold in Dublin.

The substance was sold in a vodka bottle by an “unauthorised vendor” in Ballymun and contained methanol, a “highly toxic” substance.

The HSE has now issued a health warning, advising the public to only buy alcohol from a recognised shop, off-licence or licensed premises.

The organisation also warned that consuming methanol can cause kidney failure, blindness and death. 

“People who drink methanol may initially have symptoms of loss of balance, staggering, slurred speech and eye tremor.There may be a gap of 12 to 24 hours before symptoms of methanol poisoning develop. 

“These can include headache, confusion, dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and rapid breathing. In severe cases, convulsions and coma can develop.”

READ NEXT: Dublin Fire Brigade Rescued Another Person From The Liffey Last Night

You may also love

View All

Latest Podcast

Thank you for subscribing!

Your email has been added to our list.

lovindublin.com says

Do you agree to share your location with us?