Virtuoso is a network of the best luxury travel agencies worldwide and they are currently holding their Best of the Best awards.
The awards have a whole host of categories including:
- Best Achievement in Design
- Best Dining Experience
- Best Bar
- Best Family Program
- Best Wellness Program
- Best Virtuoso Newcomer
- Best Virtuoso Hotel Ambassador
- Hotelier of the Year
- Hotel of the Year
And not surprisingly, one Dublin bar is holding its own among the big boys of the world in the best bar category.
(We do have the best bars after all. )
It has shortlisted The Horseshoe Bar at The Shelbourne Hotel as one of the best watering holes in the world for 2018.
In the best bar category, they are also running against:
- Brown’s Hotel, A Rocco Forte Hotel – The Donovan Bar, London, UK
- Hotel Hassler – Hassler Bar, Rome, Italy
- Mandarin Oriental, New York – The Office NYC, New York, New York, U.S.
- Park Hyatt Vienna – The Bank Brassiere & Bar, Vienna, Austria
The winner will be announced in Las Vegas in August but it's not the only Irish contingent in the mix.
That's right, the Irish takeover continues in the best hotel category because this famous Irish hotel is nominated alongside four other hotels from all over the world as the world's greatest.
Voting began on 28 May and will conclude until 12 June and the winners will be announced on 15 August.