As we filled you in last week, we've teamed up with trainer Sam McGuinness to offer you some expert advice on maximising your workout ahead of the summer season.
Whether you're a total beginner or a gym addict, there'll be something for you as our three Lovin Media Group guinea pigs take on a six-week programme.
You can join them by following their regime (which you'll find here) and each week, they'll be asking Sam all the questions that are running through your mind.
How often do I need to train? How can I get MyFitnessPal to come in under target? How can I avoid injury but still see results?
This week, it's all about the squats.
Getting squat technique right can be quite difficult but it's really important if you want to avoid causing injury.
Follow Sam's step-by-step...
1. Find a steady position with the bar resting across the back of your shoulders, dismount the bar.
2. Start the descent by sending the hips back and driving the knees out.
3. Keeping the weight in your heels, bend from the hips and the knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
4. Drive up through the hips whilst engaging your glutes until back in starting position. Repeat.
The team hit FlyeFit on Baggot Street for the first time this week and here's the verdict so far:
"The first thing we’ve noticed is that once you get into the habit of setting your alarm clock that bit earlier for a training session, it starts to become part of your routine and it gets easier to get out of bed in the mornings. We’ve decided to give it our all and if that means getting up earlier in the mornings, we’re game!
"Using MyFitnessPal has been a huge help. It’s so easy to track your calories and makes planning meals in advance a lot simpler. Simple hacks like switching packet sauces for healthier homemade options have made us allocate our calories in a lot smarter ways, meaning we still have some room for the odd treat.
Tips for hitting calories:
• Fill up on free foods that are so negligible in calories that you can fill your whole plate up with them. We’re talking asparagus, kale, green beans etc.
• Go for lean proteins when choosing meat in your diet. Chicken/ turkey breast, super lean cuts of steak and lean fish are your friends here.
• Choose your snacks wisely… count how many cashews you have!
• Don’t cook with additional calories like oil, butter, etc. Use a non-stick spray. Who knew a tablespoon of oil had over 100 calories?!
"Training wise, we have been sticking to our plan from Sam, which changes up every day and makes sure we are working out all areas of the body. We definitely have more energy and we are getting stronger little by little. Well, so we think!"
Let us know your tips, questions or words of advice in the comments!
READ NEXT: 7 Of The Funnest Ways To Get Fit In Dublin