Close

Follow Lovin Dublin

PICS: Dublin Fire Brigade Has Issued A Warning About Tents Catching Fire

By Jen

July 4, 2018 at 3:18pm

Share:

Dublin Fire Brigade has issued a warning about the dangers of fires starting near or inside tents.

The warning comes as the heatwave continues across Ireland.

On Twitter, the lads at Dublin Fire Brigade said that a tent can go up in flames in less than 60 seconds.

The post reads:

'Camping? Kids camping in the garden? Fire can destroy a tent in less than 60 seconds. Never use candles in or near tents.

'Never cook inside a tent Don’t smoke inside tents. Know how to cut your way out of a tent to escape. If you catch fire: Stop, Drop and Roll!'

This comes on the back of a number of fires starting in Dublin because of the drought conditions caused by high temperatures over the last two months.

Stay safe, lads.

READ NEXT: Dublin Pub Say Accusations True As Overcharging Occured By Three Times The Amount

Share:

Join the Lovin Dublin Newsletter

* indicates required

Interests

Marketing Permissions

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from Lovin Media Group:

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.