Follow Lovin Dublin

Dublin Fire Brigade Is Warning People Not To Leave Certain Household Items On Windowsills

By Jen

May 30, 2018 at 4:35pm


No more leaving glasses on your bedroom window after a night out. 

Dublin Fire Brigade has warned people that household items like glasses, mirrors and crystal vases can cause a fire on sunny days if the light is reflected on a flammable surface. 

In a video posted to Twitter, they warned people to "make sure yours are in the shade, and remember the sun moves during the day."

Cigarette lighters can also explode in the sun, as one person pointed out in the comments

And of course, one eagle-eyed Twitter user was quick to point out that the earth moves not the sun

Lesson one: Remove any glasses, crystal or mirrors from windowsills.

Lesson two: The earth moves not the sun. 

READ NEXT: Here's Where Dublin Ranks Among The Top European Summer Travel Destinations for 2018


Join the Lovin Dublin Newsletter

* indicates required


Marketing Permissions

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from Lovin Media Group:

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.