No more leaving glasses on your bedroom window after a night out.
Dublin Fire Brigade has warned people that household items like glasses, mirrors and crystal vases can cause a fire on sunny days if the light is reflected on a flammable surface.
In a video posted to Twitter, they warned people to "make sure yours are in the shade, and remember the sun moves during the day."
Mirrors, crystals and drinking glasses left on a window sill can cause fires if the sun is reflected on to flammable surfaces. This fire was caused by a vanity mirror left in a window. Make sure yours are in the shade, and remember the sun moves during the day. pic.twitter.com/YSYW9hJGBF
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) May 30, 2018
Cigarette lighters can also explode in the sun, as one person pointed out in the comments
My daughter had a close one with a cigarette lighter left on window sill
— Fraggle24 (@Fraggle241) May 30, 2018
And of course, one eagle-eyed Twitter user was quick to point out that the earth moves not the sun
The earth moves not the sun
— The Pulo (@ThePulo) May 30, 2018
Lesson one: Remove any glasses, crystal or mirrors from windowsills.
Lesson two: The earth moves not the sun.