Is it that time of year already?
The Choice Music Prize shortlist has been announced, and – as per usual – it's just left us staring at the screen in wonder at how such a tiny island can produce so much absolute bloody GOLD in just 12 months.
We'll follow up shortly with a bit more on this – and a Spotify playlist to get you acquainted with the entries you may not have come across yet – but in the meantime, here's the list:
- Girl Band - Holding Hands with Jamie (Rough Trade)
- HamsandwicH - Stories From The Surface (Route 109A Records)
- Gavin James - Bitter Pill (Warner Music Ireland)
- Jape - This Chemical Sea (Faction Records)
- Le Galaxie - Le Club (Universal Music Ireland)
- Colm Mac Con Iomaire - And Now The Weather (Plateau)
- Roisin Murphy – Hairless Toys (PIAS)
- Soak – Before We Forgot How To Dream (Rough Trade)
- Villagers – Darling Arithmetic (Domino)
- Young Wonder – Birth (Feel Good Lost)
The winner (of the €10k prize) will be announced in Vicar Street on March 3, broadcast on Today FM as usual.
Main pic: Girl Band