This Dublin Fire Brigade Pic Shows Us Why You Shouldn't Leave Your Electric Blanket On Overnight
We all know you're technically not 'supposed' to leave your electric blanket overnight – in the same way as you're not 'supposed' to use unblockers on Netflix or you're not 'supposed' to make babies eat lemons just to see their facial reactions.
These pictures, however, show that is is one warning that should probably be taken seriously.
Dublin Fire Brigade tweeted the image from a house fire in Esker, which it said was likely to have been caused by the blanket being left on.
We attended a domestic fire in Esker. Believed the fire started by an electric blanket being left on. No injuries. pic.twitter.com/YMM8jYb4c0— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) February 24, 2016
No injuries, thankfully.
But let that be a lesson to ye.