UPDATE: Fire Off Aungier Street Began In A Collection Of Wood For Halloween

It has since been put out...

Firemen

Earlier on, we brought you the news that a fire had broken out at a building off Aungier Street in the city. 

It's now believed that the blaze began in a stack of wood that had been collected for a Halloween bonfire. 

The Swan, a popular pub in the area was evacuated as the fire took hold but thankfully there are no reports of injuries resulting from the incident.

With this week being National Fire Safety week, the Dublin Fire Brigade are making efforts to put the word out there about the dangers of such bonfires in the lead up to Halloween. 

Stay safe out there, folks. 

READ NEXT: A Pedestrian Has Died After Being Hit By A Car In Dublin 4

Written By

James Fenton

A simple northside boy trying to make his way in this crazy old town. A newshound with a nose for sport. Hobbies include small talk and eye contact.

Comments