We keep a close eye on the pulse of Dublin and what is getting people excited about the city and also what is annoying them. Lately it seems to be that rubbish is an increasing problem, specifically the dumping of it around certain areas of Dublin and it piling up around the streets. Our offices are in Dublin 8 where it seems to be especially bad as some of our photos show with people working in the area commenting…
Walked into work this morning. Rubbish everywhere in D8. Streets filthy. Why tourists wd come to Dublin to see this. Shameful.
— Richie Oakley (@roakleyIRL) September 16, 2014
The View From The Streets
The best thing to see what is happening out there on the streets of Dublin is to have a quick look at the social networks. It doesn’t take long to find some Dubliners taking photos of some of the dumping around Dublin.
— Rachel Ray (@Rachel__Ray) September 16, 2014
— jack_in_dublin (@jack_in_dublin) September 15, 2014
— John Walsh (@contentsurgeon) August 20, 2014
Why Is This Happening
Rather than give our opinion we thought we’d ask you guys to contribute to the discussion. There are tons of reasons for this but the main things we’d like to ask Dubliners are…
- Are we worse than other cities for rubbish?
- Is this the fault of companies like Greyhound and City Bins?
- Is this a Dublin city council issue?
- Should residents clean up after themselves and not be dirty pigs?
- Will rubbish like this put tourists off or are our public areas fine?
- Is this because of people having to now pay for their bins?
Whatever you think we’d love to hear it because although there is lots of good stuff happening in Dublin, this certainly isn’t one of the things making the city any better.