1. Everyone is ‘best pals’ with the door man
Whether it's to skip the line, not pay in, or just to impress their friends – people love to act as if they go waaaay back with the door man.
2. People's reactions are heightened beyond belief
They're exaggerating stores, screaming in surprise and laughing their heads off.
3. People will try to use any connection they have to you to get a free drink
No, I don't know your cousin's friend's husband's son… and no, you're not getting a free shot.
4. 'Funny' stories told at the bar just aren’t as hilarious as they appear to be
I'm really just here to pay my bills like...
5. You can barely hear anything anyone is saying
Because it's just SO loud.
6. Girls will hover around the bar with a smile, batting her lashes, waiting for a lad to offer her a free drink
And when it works, she's just buzzin'.
7. Everyone in the bar is on high on life
Compared to you – your feet and back are in pain, you're tired and your tolerance level is at its lowest point.
8. You witness the same guy hitting on three different girls in a five minute span
Once again... as if no one is watching...
9. People getting progressively more confident as the night goes on
All it takes is a few drinks, and they can conquer the world.
10. Girls getting progressively more sassy as the night goes on
This one I can relate to.
11. One moment you’ll see a couple screaming at each other, and the next thing they're acting all lovey dovey
There's nothing more confusing.
12. You would do anything to be relaxing and having drinks with friends
...but then you remember you’re making loads of money… and they’re all just spending it.
13. People flirting with you in extensive conversation, while you’re obviously up to your eyeballs working and not interested
Not in the slightest.
14. No one knows what other people are saying, but they act like they do
Just smile and nod... smile and nod.
15. It’s a Saturday night… there has never been specials… and there never will be
And no you're not getting free champagne on your 'birthday'.