Black Cat Is Galway's Top Tapas Restaurant – Here’s Why You Need To Head There Right Away
Just book your tickets now
We all know that Galway is a serious force when it comes to food – rivalling San Sebastian for most Michelin stars per capita, and generally serving up culinary excellence and innovation on every corner.
So it's no surprise that just outside the city centre, in the perfect surrounds of Salthill, you'll find perhaps one of the best tapas restaurants in the entire country.
Just take a look at what's on offer...
1. These anchovies that you just want to swallow whole
And that bread
2. This goat cheesew with honey-roasted beetroot, serrano ham and mozzarella
3. This Hereford steak with chorizo and baby potatoes
We've said it before, and we'll say it again: everything is better with chorizo.
4. This Connemara crab sandwich
When in the Wesht...
5. These prawns and squid served in chilli, garlic and delicious olive oil
6. This chocolate brownie, served warm and perfectly gooey
7. This confit pork belly with apple and balsamic purée, celeriac remoulade and calvados jus
If you think the name is a mouthful, wait until you get a taste of the dish itself...
8. These sauteed babie potatoes with serrano ham, spinach and cherry tomatoes
One of their most popular tapas – and you only need to look at it to see why.
9. These steamed French beans with hazelnut and garlic butter
10. This grilled halloumi, Mediterranean veg, toasted pine nuts served with salsa verde
You had me at hallou(mi).
11. This absolutely perfect-looking calimari
The bestie of a cold beer.
12. This garbanzo stew, served with crispy garlic bread
Just ordering anything called 'garbanzo' is instantly pleasing.
13. And of course, these seared scallops with black pudding, hazelnut dressing and cauliflower puree
Just book your train ticket now.
Sponsored By Estrella Damm
Estrella Damm, the Beer of Barcelona
Estrella Damm is the leading and iconic beer in the city of Barcelona, brewed since 1876 using Mediterranean and 100% natural ingredients. Estrella Damm is recognised as the premium beer in Spain and “the beer of Barcelona”.
For many years, both visitors and locals have been enjoying the taste of Estrella Damm with tapas and other Mediterranean cuisine, surrounded by art, creativity and most importantly, their friends. Estrella Damm work in partnership with the world’s most award-winning chef Ferran Adrià to promote the “Tapas” concept around the world.
Estrella Damm is now available in both draught and bottle in Ireland for you to enjoy.
Enjoy ESTRELLA DAMM Sensibly.