These slow-cooked pork nachos look insanely delicious. We've teamed up with Lidl to bring you the recipe and a chance to win a €100 voucher to spend instore.
Entering is so simple: all you have to do is take a pic of how the nachos turned out then tag/mention @lovindublin and @lidlireland on social media. Keep an eye on our Instagram to find out more!
Whether you're at home with the other half, with the whole family or you're having a chill night to yourself, these slow-cooked pork nachos are bound to go down a treat.
And of course, you'll get all of the great quality ingredients you need at fantastic prices in Lidl
This recipe is super easy without sacrificing on taste or quality, and the only equipment you'll need for this is a deep-sided roasting tray.
This dish takes 30 minutes to prep and three hours to cook in a slow cooker.
Ingredients: Serving 6. All products are available in Lidl.
- One whole Pork Loin Roast (strings removed)
- 500ml Irish Craft Lager
- A whole onion
- A whole red chilli (If you're not a massive fan of spice, you can leave out the chillies)
- Six cloves of garlic
- 50g brown sugar
- 250ml chicken stock
- 0.5 tsp chilli powder
- One tsp ground cumin
- One tsp paprika
- One tsp chilli flakes
For the salsa:
- One handful of fresh coriander
- Two large tomatoes
- One small red onion
- One whole red chilli
- One whole lime
- One pinch of sea salt
- 200g tortilla chips
- One whole avocado sliced
- 100ml sour cream
Here's the method:
- Heat a heavy-based deep-sided casserole pot over medium heat. Add the pork, fat side down. Allow fat to render and turn golden. Turn and cook for one minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for three hours over low heat until pork is tender.
- When almost cooked, roughly chop half the coriander and toss together with the rest of the salsa ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Once tender, transfer pork to a plate and increase heat.
- Simmer vigorously for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has reduced. Using two forks, remove the fat, discard and shred the meat.
- Return to the pan and toss in the reduced sauce. Season to taste.
- Preheat a grill to high.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a roasting tray, top with shredded pork, scatter with cheese and place under grill 1-2 minutes until melted and bubbling.
- Top with the salsa, avocado, sour cream and remaining coriander.
- Post to Instagram.
And we all know the best thing to go with nachos is a nice cold beer. So, we recommend this Irish Craft Lager, a crisp pilsner brewed in the traditional style, which has a refreshing light hoppy bite.
To get all of your ingredients and more cooking inspiration, head to Lidl.ie.