Search icon


25th Sep 2019

Galway Street Club Are Playing Whelan’s This October

Sarah Finnan

The west’s favourite buskers, Galway Street Club, are bringing their famous energy to Whelan’s on October 1.

The ragtag group of musicians are fresh off the summer festival circuit, having played all the big gigs with shows at the UK’s Festival Boomtown, Knockan Stockan, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Carlow Arts Festival, Spraoi and of course a sold-out show at Galway International Arts Festival.

Acting as a launch for the release of Black Widow of Iron Mountain, the debut single from their upcoming album, the show guarantees double helpings of fun and theatrics.

Deciding to release the single a week early, they have teamed up with Jigsaw Galway and will donate 75 per cent of sales to improving mental health support services in the west. The other 25 per cent will go towards Galway Buskers Community to fight the newly introduced busking by-laws in Galway. Keep fighting the good fight lads.

The band’s first original album, Sovereign State of Madness, proved to be a roaring success and the wide range of genres means that it appeals to all tastes.

Doors are at 8 p.m. with special guest yet to be announced. Tickets on sale now.

(Header pic: Galway Street Club Facebook page)

READ NEXT: TripAdvisor Has Named Dublin In The Top Five Most Cultural Cities In Europe