Here's A List Of The Dublin Cafés Where You Can 'Pay With A Poem' For Your Coffee Today
We put out the call to mark World Poetry Day – and what a response we got!
We put out the call – and boy, did the cafés and restaurants of Dublin answer in style!
Inspired by a Julius Meinl campaign taking place across Europe to mark World Poetry Day, we asked the cafés and restaurants of this city to allow customers to pay for their coffee using poetry instead of money.
And the response?
So here's where you can 'Pay With A Poem'
- Viva, Portobello
- BB's Coffee and Co, Hanover Quay
- Clement and Pekoe, South William Street
- Il Posto, St Stephen's Green
- Two Pups Coffee, Francis Street
- Nick's Coffee Co, Ranelagh (10am-close)
- Books Upstairs, D'Olier Street (5-7pm)
- Sasha House Petite, Drury Street (2pm-7pm)
- Kaph, Drury Street (12-1pm – also, read your poem aloud for the chance to win a bag of coffee to take home)
And what exactly do you have to do?
It's simple – just order your coffee, then tell them you'd like to Pay with a Poem.
You can write it down and hand it in, you can read it out loud, you can do whatever you like – what's important is that you make a real effort, get your words down in verse and get involved.
And if you fancy sharing your words with us using the #lovindublin tag, well, that'd be just FINE.
Oh, btw, it's not too late to get involved!
If you want your café, restaurant or pub to take part, just email email@example.com and we'll be sure to add you to the list.
Thanks to the wonderful Kerrie O'Brien who inspired this glorious exercise – and HAPPY WORLD POETRY DAY LOVELY PEOPLE OF DUBLIN!