Dubliners are a sensitive bunch.
Lovin.ie recently looked at how to piss off every county in Ireland and that got us thinking about the good people of Dublin — and how we could really wind 'em up.
All in the name of good fun, of course.
Now we're not saying you should go around pissing off Dubliners, but if you're curious about how you might go about doing it, here are a few choice phrases that'll do the trick...
1. "Temple Bar is the best place in Dublin for a night out. No question"
2. "This apartment is tiny — your rent must be really cheap"
3. "I just love the hustle and bustle of Grafton Street, don't you?"
4. "Boojum is overrated"
5. "The Spire is quite possibly the greatest monument of all time"
6. "Those Luas works finished yet?"
7. "I love how you're allowed to cycle on the footpaths in Dublin!"
8. "So are from Dublin or are really you from Kildare or some shite?"
9. "You just can't get a decent pint of Guinness in the Big Shmoke"
10. "Sure you only win the GAA because you get all the money"
11. "You can pay for the bus in 5c coins, yeah?"
12. "My God, did you look at the receipt after that last round?"
13. "Coddle is shit"
When all else fails, you gotta bring out the big guns.