Irish Rail Has Announced Big Changes To DART And Commuter Services Around The City
The plans are expected to come into place next month
Irish Rail has announced a number of proposed changes to its services, subject to approval from the National Transport Authority.
Should the plans go ahead, they would come into place from Friday December 9 and would include the following:
- More frequent off-peak and weekend services between Maynooth/Drogheda and Connolly, including extended morning and evening operating hours between Maynooth and Connolly on Sundays
- Introduction of Monday to Friday off-peak services between Hazelhatch and Grand Canal Dock, via Phoenix Park Tunnel
- An additional Monday to Friday service each way between Sligo and Dublin Connolly
- Time alterations on Rosslare Europort/Dublin Connolly services
- More even intervals on DART services on Saturdays
- A number of morning Northern Commuter services will additionally serve Portmarnock, Clongriffin and Howth Junction; and one evening Northern Commuter service will additionally serve Clongriffin and Portmarnock, to balance capacity
- Additional early morning 06.52hrs Connolly to Malahide DART service to provide connection to northbound Northern Commuter service for DART customers at intermediate stations
- Revised timings on Sligo/Dublin Connolly route services to improve punctuality
- A number of other minor schedule alterations to improve punctuality
Proposed timetable changes from 9th Dec incl:— Iarnród Éireann (@IrishRail) November 9, 2018
✅ More off-peak trains for Drogheda, Maynooth, & Hazelhatch to GCD
✅ Extra daily Dublin/Sligo train each way
✅ Dublin/Rosslare time changes
✅ Extra peak Portmarnock & Clongriffin stops
Give feedback at https://t.co/G5BWPbpsFG
The company is inviting customers to provide feedback on the proposed changes and you can do so here.
Meanwhile, it has also confirmed that due to coastal protection works, bus transfers will be in operation between Bray and Greystones throughout this weekend.
Reminder: bus transfers in operation between Bray and Greystones today Sat 10th and tomorrow Sun 11th November for DART and Rosslare services, due to coastal protection works pic.twitter.com/LTv2rq3hH6— Iarnród Éireann (@IrishRail) November 10, 2018