This Cool New Mexican Joint Opens On Wednesday With Free Meals For All
A Mexican restaurant that offers garlic mayo as an option? SOLD!
Ireland is about to get its very first Zambrero at The Station, Hatch Street Upper. Zambero is a quick-service Australian restaurant chain which specialises in fresh, healthy Mexican food. There are over 110 branches of Zambrero worldwide
So, what's so special about these guys? Well, quite a few things actually...
- Zambrero donates a plate of nutritious food to the developing world through its Plate4Plate initiative. To date, almost 8 million meals have been donated.
A live Plate4Plate counter will be on view in the restaurant so customers can see their contribution make an instant difference
- The operation is being spearheaded by Leinster rugby player and Zambrero Ireland General Manager, Darragh Fanning, who discovered Zambrero while playing rugby in Australia
- They serve super healthy black rice with amaranth seeds that is not only super healthy, but also bursting with flavour
- They have a crazy range of sauces including garlic mayo, salsa with mango and peaches, and a creamy chipotle one
- Four Zambrero branches are set to open in Ireland by the end of 2016, creating over 70 jobs and bringing over €2 million into the Irish economy.
- One of the best items on the menu has got to be their Dos Capas: a hard taco filled with your choice of fillings, encased in a soft taco. Double the texture and none of the mess
Now we're all craving tacos...
Get down to The Station, Hatch Street Upper this Wednesday 23 March from 10am – 6.30pm to try out a free Zambrero meal!
Can't make it to Zambrero this week? They're doing 2-for-1 meals on Easter Monday 28 March too.
Get heavily involved!
READ NEXT: The Top 10 Places To Eat Mexican In Dublin