One of my favourite foods in the world is the humble breakfast burrito – the perfect way to start the day.
Any time I’m in an American city, I do a quick bit of research and I’m instantly outside the the best joint in town licking my lips in anticipation. Something about the mixture of meat, eggs, spice, sauce, all wrapped up in some carbs just does it for me.
Put me on death row with one breakfast of my choice to choose from, and I’d be hard pressed to pass up a killer breakfast burrito. Sacrilege when you consider the Irish breakfast – or indeed the breakfast roll – but that's life.
Every couple of months my hopes get spiked, like this weekend when I had the one above in a new spot on Baggot Street. It was exactly the same as the last one I’d had in Java Republic... watery, no flavour and miles away from the real thing.
When it comes to breakfast burritos in Dublin I’ve been let down over and over again. I am without hope.
So I have an idea. A Challenge...
- I want somebody to make a breakfast burrito and put it on their menu.
- It must be fresh, spicy and delicious.
- What goes into it is up to you.
- It must be served everyday of the week – not just on a brunch menu.
- It should cost less than €7 (the absolute max people would spend midweek)
Why Would You Do This?
I’ll personally pick a burrito and will champion in here on Lovin Dublin. I’ll make sure...
- Lots of customers come to your premises
- It becomes an iconic dish on the Dublin food scene
- We’ll push it to a million Dubliners here for as long as it is on the menu
- Irish people love burritos – it only makes sense they’ll go wild for a breakfast burrito. You’ll have queues out the door and set the trend for Ireland.
- If you want to have a crack at this I’ll come meet you, help with the recipe or do whatever it takes.
I’m not doing this for financial gain or for any other reason other than the fact I want to eat really good breakfast burritos twice a week in Dublin – and at the moment I can’t.
Lets do this! Mail me [email protected]