Lovin Dublin City Spotlight - Capel Street
This week we're exploring Capel Street and all it has to offer. We've said it many times before but Capel Street is an absolute gem with lots of great cafes, restaurants, bars and pubs to visit. It's become a total hot spot in recent years and is bustling with people every day of the week and buzzing with atmosphere. We sent photographer Derek Kennedy out to shoot the street in the sunshine last weekend, and we've highlighted all our favourite haunts.
The following list is of our favourite places to visit on Capel Street, we think they're absolute gems and if you haven't checked them out yet, make sure to put them on your list.
- Mish Mash is a chilled out little cafe that serves good food but also holds events and workshops from time to time.
- Brother Hubbard is my favourite brunch spot in the city and I'l often walk over there on a Saturday specifically for their Moroccan Eggs Special... Divine! Their cakes are yum too.
- Musashi is a great little Japanese restaurant that serves up delicious sushi and noodles. Their dumplings are to die for! It's the perfect place for a quick and tasty dinner, it's very reasonably priced too.
- We're big pans of Panti Bliss here in LD and Pantibar is definitely worth checking out. If you go on a Saturday you can watch the Panti Show at 10pm for free which is always great craic.
- Slattery's is one of the few early houses in Dublin that serves up pints from 7am should you feel so inclined.
- Louis Copeland is where you need to go for one of the slickest suits in the city.
- Boars Head is a classic old school Dublin pub, perfect for watching a match.
- J.McNeill's is the go to place on Capel Street for a good live music session, doesn't get more classic Dublin than here!
We love exploring and discovering new parts of the city so if there are any of your favourite spots missing from the list the let us know in the comments section below.