13 Undeniable Signs That You’re Still A Massive Child At Christmas Time
Christmas is magical and anyone who says otherwise is going on Santy's bold list.
With only 8 sleeps 'til the big man shows up, the five year old inside of us is going a little bit mental.
The excitement really started when the lights went up in town, and we saw the Coca Cola truck on the telly but levels are steadily rising as Christmas Day approaches.
Here are 13 undeniable signs that we're all just little kids pretending to be grown ups once the festive season rolls around...
1. You're already planning your movie marathons for next week.
"Harry Potter better be on telly on Christmas Day!"
2. You'll kick any family member who forgets any of your favourite household traditions
"But I always put the Baby Jesus in the crib!"
3. Catching up with friends over a hot chocolate is way preferable to a pint
Extra marshmallows - obvs.
4. New pj's better miraculously appear on Christmas Eve or you'll have to have words
The magical Penneys pyjama fairy is a close friend of Mr. Claus, you see...
5. Still knowing all the words to the songs at mass on Christmas Eve
But you know that the best part is the mass is over, 'cos then you can sing along to the choir's rendition of Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer with gusto.
6. Waking up at 6am on Christmas Day to go rummaging for presents
SANTA WAS HERE!!
7. Not wanting to know what Santa may/may not have gotten your siblings
Thus refusing to be Santa's little helper in the weeks running up to the big day.
8. Having a good feel of the gifts under the tree
And giving the ones with your name on them a good shake to suss out the contents.
9. Still running the risk of getting a nasty cold unless your mum reminds you to wear a hat
10. Eating a whole box of Roses even though you know it'll give you the worst sugar crash of your life
11. Quarrelling with your siblings over a simple game of Monopoly
Some things never change, eh?