14 Undeniable Signs That We're All Turning Into Our Parents
Remember when you scoffed at your parents, looking at their sensible hiking boots and raincoats thinking 'I'll never dress like that."
Well, you were fucking wrong.
We're all slowly morphing into our 'rents, and here are 14 pieces of evidence that prove that the transition is nearly complete...
1. You have a sensible coat
It's waterproof, it has a hood AND it covers your bum.
May your stylish former self rest in peace. AMEN.
2. You go to Lidl for the new products on Thursdays
Because you never know when you might need ski goggles or, y'know, a hedge trimmer.
3. You've become paranoid about turning off the lights and turning appliances off at the sockets
And don't even get me started on when you see empty houses with Christmas tree lights still on...
Fire hazard AND pricey electricity bills! Jaysus.
4. Not only do you begin to appreciate your dad’s awful puns, but you start to make jokes that would rival his ones
5. You’re distrustful of youths
"They're up to something!"
"Yeah, they're going for a cycle."
6. Slippers seem like an increasingly sensible investment
7. You squint your eyes and hold stuff at an arms length when trying to read your phone/books/menus
8. You wear long johns and/or thermals whenever it goes below like 8°C
9. You have a deep appreciation for good drying weather
10. You hate that you can't hear yourself think in your favourite bar
And on occasion you've even asked them to turn the music down.
The self-hatred is palpable.
11. You've had multiple panic attacks about leaving the immersion on
Only to return home 8 hours later to discover it was, in fact, switched off so you breathe a sigh of release.
12. Bulk-buying things that are on offer has become the norm
Shampoo AND conditioner for €4? Better buy seven of each, just in case.
13. You've adopted some of their phrases as part of your day-to-day vocab without even realising
"Where were you 'til all hours last night?"
14. You have a glass of vino each evening when you get home from work for 'medicinal purposes'
Maybe being a grown up ain't so bad after all?