Home Economics was something you either loved (food), hated (science) or just didn't bother with.
And while the words Home Ec generally bring up connotations of whisks, scones and burnt oven mitts, it's so much more than that. The subject essentially teaches you how to be an adult, helping you keep your body, money and life in order.
We took a look through a Leaving Cert book on the subject to see what we could find; see if you learn yourself anything new.
1. Fresh eggs sink and stale eggs float
Finally, a way to check them before you throw them in and ruin everything.
2. Which parts of your tongue taste what
Cue lots of strange facial expressions next meal time...
3. How to attractively present your buffet
Don't stray from this flawless method.
4. How to decode facial expressions
Phew, it had all just been a guessing game up until now.
5. That brown is a flavour
6. How to make perfect pizza
7. And ice cream
8. And chocolate eclairs
What is this life-changing book of magic?!
9. That instructions are hard
10. But salad is always there for you
Even when you're heavily pregnant.
11. What's on the official list of leisure options that you can, and should, partake in
12. That manual labour isn't that bad at all
13. But your First Communion on the other hand
Get some sleep the night before, that's all we're saying.
14. To test if jam is ready, you've to poke it
Until it wrinkles.
15. Being sound makes the world a better place
16. A nuclear family isn't one who has been ravaged by war
It is in fact, quite the opposite.
17. What herbs and spices go with what
18. How to not blow up your gaff
19. And finally, how not to blow all of your money in the first weekend of payday
Look alive, people. This is IMPORTANT.
READ NEXT: The 17 Struggles Of Having An Irish Name