19 Things You Were Probably Doing This Time 10 Years Ago
2006: simpler, better times
When men were men and scooby doos were currency.
Better times, easier times. We wanted to honour that great year with a flashback more flamboyant than the Saint Patrick Day's parade.
Enjoy, and don't forget to wb xoxo
1. Tying your hair in a scrunchy to before running some important errands
You know shit's going down when the scrunchy goes up.
2. Undoing your zip-off trousers after a long day of conforming to full length madness
GOD it's so nice to be free from the shackles of conformity.
3. Customising the back of your Nokia 3200 with the same vigour as Michelangelo and the Sistine Chapel
Enough magazine cuttings, stickers and glitter to liven up a goth.
4. Applying Clearasil to every inch of your pubescent body
Only to be met with angry, red burns all over your poor sensitive skin after buttering yourself with the aforementioned acid.
5. Sussing out what you're going to wear to the next rager*
So, what did you go for? The bootcut jeans or the rah-rah skirt?
6. Groovin' to Sean Paul's 'Temperature'
7. Telling your mates that you've definitely kissed someone 'on holidays'
It was in Spain. They were a ride.
8. Waiting in line for the original Step Up
At present, there are five.
9. Rocking out to Hannah Montana for the very first time
Oh Miley, what happened?
10. Joining Facebook
Yep, it's been a decade since you've signed your soul away and joined the worldwide cuddle group that is Facebook.
Massive shout out to Marky Z, for making this all possible.
11. Being mildly horrified, but wholly repulsed (in a good way) by Borat
Cue the whole country googling mankinis and telling their mums that it was shit, in hopes that she wouldn't go see it.
12. Sweating in the most extraordinary heatwave
With the warmest temperature this century (and since 1976) recorded in Elphin, County Roscommo at 32.3 °C.
13. Tuning in to Aifric don chéad uair
And SWEARING to yourself that you're going to become fluent just in time for the Leaving Cert.
14. Breaking your Confirmation pledge
15. Picking out which colour Buffalo runners you wanted for Christmas
And persuading your mate to get the other ones you like so you can swap.
16. Begging your mum for dreadful highlights
Guys, gals and everyone else, you're all guilty of this one.
17. Fancying Justin Bieber
Once again, everyone's involved in this one.
He was just so damn cute.
18. Weeping because you could never find your name on one of these
Damn my Irish heritage, damn it straight to Tír na nÓg!
19. And finally, inevitably tripping over the most ridiculous pants known to man
Ashes to ashes, shit trousers to... just shit.