Practically half of Dublin is now working in some form of a start-up.
Whether it's a tech start-up based in an innovation hub, a cool new food venture or an app just getting off the ground, we're surrounded by deadly new businesses at the moment.
As anyone lucky (or unlucky enough!) to work in a start-up will tell you - it's not like working for your average company. In fact, it's worlds apart...
So here are 22 things that you'll recognise if you're fully submerged in #startuplife.
1. Spending your life surrounded by mismatched furniture
And always wanting to sit in the good chair during team meetings.
2. Thinking absoultely nothing of staying in 'til 9pm a few nights a week
By which we mean every night.
3. Never having milk in the fridge when you need it most
4. A gimmick that no-one ever uses
Oh that pool table? It's there to make us look cool.
5. Having a great disdain for the big tech companies
"All that money and all that free food! Nah man. Wait... are they hiring?"
6. Genuinely believing in your brand
And boring your friends about it.
7. Knowing that free food happens rarely but when it does it's golden
Them folk in Google don't appreciate it like we do.
8. The sheer ecstasy of small wins
9. The lightbulb going in the bathroom and wondering who'll replace it
Or instead, peeing in darkness for four months.
10. Buying coffees for the ENTIRE office being a thing you can really do
Sure it's only a tenner!
11. Casual Friday beers occasionally getting out of hand
And the guys in The Old Spot knowing you by name.
12. Rarely (never) communicating in person
13. It being a HUGE deal when you take a whole new person joins the team
It's like getting a new sibling to play with!
14. Becoming obsessed with something you'd previously never heard of called a 'funding round'
15. Not remembering what a desktop computer looks like anymore
16. Having a to-do list that gets bigger every day… and loving it
17. Your co-workers becoming far too prominent in your life
Constant communication during the work day via Slack, email and gchat, and evening lols on the company WhatsApp group, obvs.
18. It being a HUGE DEAL when you get a cleaner
19. You get every single joke made on Silicon Valley
20. Being used to bizarre work titles
"Hey, I'm the Chief Officer Of Dreams"