When you think of your favorite country for food, you probably think of takeaway mainstays like Mexican or Thai. As a native of the U.S. of A., I urge you to reconsider. American food deserves way more credit than it gets. Here’s why.
1. Some people just love to hate on American food
2. It’s “unhealthy”
3. Compared to rich cultural cuisines like Italian or Chinese, it’s boring
4. It’s “frightening”
5. Well, those people are wrong
6. Much like America itself, American food is THE BEST!
7. Yes, our food is packed with preservatives and chemicals that are illegal basically everywhere else on earth
8. But have you ever eaten those chemicals?!
9. Your passport will expire before these bad boys, but that just means the two dollars you spend on Twinkies today will provide sweet satisfaction for years – even decades – to come
10. If you like your food slightly less processed but still not quite good for you, try the South
11. Three words. Chicken. And. Waffles.
12. Of course, our health food game is on point, too. Just ask our Kale Kween
13. Have you heard of our horribly overpriced health food grocery chain Whole Foods?
14. Because it’s only heaven on earth
15. Much like our casual dining chains, which are God’s gift to restaurants
16. Unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks? Classy vineyard-themed décor and an ever-changing menu of reasonably priced Italian classics? 800 locations across the United States? Welcome to Olive Garden, the greatest casual dining restaurant in the land
17. Why am I talking about an Italian restaurant in a post about American food, you ask? Because of the great American melting pot, of course!
18. Seriously, with the exception of like 2% of the population, everyone came to America from somewhere else
19. So our international foods are top-notch, too
21. At the end of the day, though, you can’t beat the American classics
22. Hot dogs
23. French fries
24. Mac and cheese
26. Good old American apple pie
27. Put some butter on it, y’all. American food rocks
Love American food? How could you not! Now, we want to bring it to you in all its glory this July 4 – in association with Eddie Rockets.