What a time to be alive!
A number of Irish writers have been long-listed for an incredibly valuable annual literary prize, the most impressive of its kind, for a single work of fiction published in English - and the prize is worth a whopping €100,000.
— Sinéad Gleeson (@sineadgleeson) November 21, 2016
The prize is organised by Dublin City Council and the 2017 Award was launched yesterday by Lord Mayor, Brendan Carr. He went on to praise the International Dublin Literary Award for its promotion of excellence in world literature and encouragement of Irish writers abroad to put pen to paper.
The incredible Irish titles nominated for 2017 are as follows:
- The Blue Guitar - John Banville
- Beatlebone - Kevin Barry
- Spill Simmer Falter Wither - Sara Baume
- The Green Road - Anne Enright
- The Little Red Chairs - Edna O’Brien
- Miss Emily - Nuala O’Connor
- Asking For It - Louise O’Neill
And the full list of nominees are:
Massive congrats to all involved - we can't wait to see who wins!