People born in, living in and those who have emigrated from Ireland will understand Irish humour. It's a rare mix of innocence, boldness and wit, and is pretty much the gift that keeps on giving.
Mixed with the desired addition of notions and/or a good play on words - you just can't get much better.
Check these 12 out to see what we mean.
1. This note to canvassers in Donegal
Bonus points for creativity.
Great sign on the window of a Donegal house making would-be election canvassers aware of what awaits them. pic.twitter.com/KgGGX5aUFs
— Ciaran O'Neill (@ciarano71) February 18, 2016
2. This article by the Leinster Leader
Clearly losing the run of themselves.
3. This line from about Mary Conroy's doll collection in The Clare Champion
4. Everything about this piece from the Listowel section of Kerry's Eye
Feel of the Feale
Let that one sink in.
5. This subtle hint that the boom is back via the Indo
Also a gentle nod to our inebriating stereotype.
6. This genuine election quote
7. These homemade posters adorning the streets of Donegal
''With the cost of printing these days, couldn't you just make them yourself?''
8. This Twitter profile
If in doubt, tweet.
We particularly like that their location is simply 'Outside'.
9. This utterly bizarre video made by two Fermanagh brothers
We're not sure if they're drunk or just mental.
10. This carry on in Longford
11. And finally, this headline from the Offaly Independent
Which actually turned out to be a toy Lamb, returned to a very happy little girl. Bless.
READ NEXT: The 12 Best Irish Tweets This Week