There’s no denying that the food scene in Dublin is ah-mazing, but it’s nice to be included on a list saying so all the same.
The Food Awards Ireland 2019, which took place this past Monday in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, paid tribute to the best of the best in the food business.
Recognising the achievements of local suppliers, wholesalers, chefs and restaurants along with those who work tirelessly to deliver great customer service to their diners, several Dublin establishments were honoured on the night.
Hosted by Jenny Buckley, 13 of the city’s finest restaurants and pubs received awards.
Describing the winners as “a true reflection of the quality and excellence that remark the country’s food industry”, they’re responsible for providing the nation with “great gastronomic delights”.
Making sure we never go hungry in other words.
See the list of Dublin winners below:
• Best Mediterranean Establishment: Salamanca Tapas Bar & Restaurant
• Best World Cuisine: Aussie Outback
• Best Vegetarian Establishment: Veginity
• Best Street Food: Vish Shop
• Middle Eastern Restaurant Of The Year: The Cedar Tree Restaurant
• Bakery of the Year: Buttercream Dream
• Best Asian Food Establishment: Yang’s Chinese Restaurant
• Best of Dublin: Craft Restaurant
• Burger Bar of the Year: BlockBurger HQ
• Outstanding Restaurant Supplier of the Year: Branagan Meats
• Gastro Pub of the Year Dublin: Brannigans Bar
• Café/Bistro of the Year Dublin: The Press Café
• Restaurant of the Year Dublin: The Cedar Tree Restaurant Dublin
Food venues sorted for all upcoming social calendar events.