10 Thoughts We Had While Watching The New Gilmore Girls Reboot
Don't worry, there's no spoilers!
The Gilmore Girls return to our screens tomorrow for the first time in a decade and it's fair to say that every fan is VERY excited about becoming reacquainted with Lorelai and Rory.
We are no exception, so when Netflix offered us the chance to have a peek at two of the four 90-minute A Day In The Life episodes, we jumped at the chance.
The first thing that crossed our minds on returning to Stars Hollow is how familiar it all is.
It may be over ten years since the last episode aired but everything is the same, from the mother-daughter duo's fast paced monologues to idyllic surrounds of the Connecticut town.
In the interests of not ruining the fun for anyone, we'll keep all the details under wraps but here are some of the thoughts that went through our heads while watching...
1. Our predictions for the new episodes were way off
Especially the ones that we thought were a certainty.
2. There are so many amazing characters in Stars Hollow that we'd forgotten about
And they pop up constantly.
3. It's a toss up between Kirk and Paris for our favourite character
They're both even better in the new episodes
4. Lorelai can sometimes be really, really mean
You'll know what we mean when you see the bagel scene
5. We are SHOCKED at the latest development in Rory's love life
Like, 'mouth gaping, definitely didn't see that coming' shocked
6. There's no bar in Stars Hollow
How did we not notice this before?!
7. We couldn't have guessed Paris Gellar's current career
In a million, zillion years
8. We miss Richard
Sadly, actor Edward Herrman passed away since the end of the last series so Richard is absent, and sadly missed, from the new reboot.
9. Is Emily wearing a t-shirt and ripped jeans?
The only woman as famous as Hilary Clinton for wearing trouser suits.
10. Rory is now 32. Yes, 32 years of age.
They grow up so fast.
Gilmore Girls: A Day In The Life lands on Netflix tomorrow, Friday 25 November.